I am sure that many of you can relate to the fact that childhood will not be complete without Lego! It is a quintessential toy that almost anyone had, whether boys or girls. They are timeless and have transcended the test of time. Even with the introduction of new digital technologies, these building blocks remain a popular choice for toys, even for adults.
If you are looking for the best Lego sets under $50, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll let you know some of the top options worth considering. While Lego is a popular brand, their toys can also be affordable, including those mentioned below. Whether they will be given as a gift or you want it for your own, these Lego sets are sure to provide the best bang for the buck!
- Our Top Picks for the Best Lego Sets under $50
- Lego Classic Medium Creative Brick Box 10696
- Lego Ninjago Movie Garmadon’s Volcano Lair 70631
- Lego City Pickup and Caravan 60182 Building Kit
- Lego City Heavy Cargo Transport 60183 Building Kit
- Lego Creator Mighty Dinosaurs 31058 Dinosaur Toy
- Lego Classic Creative Builder Box 10703
- Lego Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower
- Lego Technic Ultralight Helicopter 42057 Advance Building Set
- Lego Minecraft The Nether Portal 21143 Building Kit
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes Avengers: Infinity War Building Kit
- Benefits of Lego Sets
- Tips for Choosing a Lego Set
Our Top Picks for the Best Lego Sets under $50
Thinking of the perfect Lego set to buy? We’ll make your life a lot easier. Below are some of the top products worth considering!
Lego Classic Medium Creative Brick Box 10696
Each set comes with 484 pieces, which will be more than enough for a fun and imaginative play. Recommended for users who are aged 4 and up, the bricks have 35 attractive colors. It has a base plate with a length of three inches and width of six inches. There are also tires, rims, windows, and eyes, among other pieces. It also comes with a storage box, making it easy to keep the pieces organized in a single place.
Lego Ninjago Movie Garmadon’s Volcano Lair 70631
Ideal for kids who are aged 8 to 14, this set is inclusive of five miniature figures – Garmadon, General #1, Steve and Four Eyes, Zane, and a Shark. The set has an entrance that is shaped like the face of Garmadon. There is also a throne room, construction zone, computer lab, and drone launchpad, among others. It will be easy to recreate the scenes from The Lego Ninjago Movie using the pieces that are included in this set.
Lego City Pickup and Caravan 60182 Building Kit
With a total of 344 pieces, this is recommended for kids who are aged 5 to 12. With the pieces that are included in this set, the little ones can build their own pickup truck and caravan from scratch. There is a roof, wheels, doors, and other pieces to make the vehicles realistic. There is also a mom, dad, and son figures. Other accessories that are included are a toy ship, crab, fish, mugs, pan, chairs, table, and net.
Lego City Heavy Cargo Transport 60183 Building Kit
Ideal for kids who are aged 5 to 12 years old, it has 310 building blocks and accessories, which include a truck driver and a helicopter pilot. Once assembled, the truck has a height of three inches length of five inches, and width of two inches. The trailer, on the other hand, has a height of one inch, length of ten inches, and width of one inch. Lastly, the helicopter has a height of three inches, length of eight inches, and width of one inch.
Lego Creator Mighty Dinosaurs 31058 Dinosaur Toy
This Lego comes with 177 pieces and is rated for users who are 7 to 12 years old. Kids will be able to build a 3-in-1 dinosaur with this set – T-rex, triceratops, and pterodactyl. To make it even more realistic, it has posable parts, specifically the joints and the head. The mouth can also be opened, and it comes with pointed teeth. There are also huge claws that are included as a part of the set.
Lego Classic Creative Builder Box 10703
A classic Lego set for every child, it has 502 pieces. It is recommended for users who are four years old and up. It has classic Lego bricks that offer endless possibilities when it comes to what you can build. There are three levels of building complexity for every user. There are also doors, windows, and roofs, among other building essentials.
Lego Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower
Introduce your kids to architecture at a young age with this Lego set. Nonetheless, it is quite complicated compared to the other sets mentioned above, which is why it is recommended only for those who are over 12 years old. It has a total of 321 pieces, as well as an educational booklet with trivia about the history and architecture of the Eiffel Tower. Once assembled, it will have a height of 12 inches and width of four inches.
Lego Technic Ultralight Helicopter 42057 Advance Building Set
Recommended for users who are 8 to 14 years old, this set is inclusive of 199 pieces. This is a 40th-anniversary edition, which makes it special. The 2-in-1 design allows it to be built either as an ultra-light helicopter or an experimental aircraft. It has an innovative aerodynamic design and has realistic features, which include spinning rotors, moving pistons, and an open cabin.
Lego Minecraft The Nether Portal 21143 Building Kit
This Lego set includes 470 pieces and recommended for those who are aged eight and above. This is created for the fans of Minecraft! It comes with a miniature figure of Steve Minecraft, as well as a baby zombie, magma cube, and blaze. Once it is assembled, the figure will also have lava flow and flames, among others.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Avengers: Infinity War Building Kit
For those who love Marvel or The Avengers, this Lego toy set will be a perfect choice. It has a total of 375 pieces and ideal for those who are aged 7 to 14. The set is also inclusive of four figures from Infinity Wars – Bruce Banner, Falcon, Proxima Midnight, and Outrider. The main figure that will be built with this set is the Hulkbuster, which includes a gun turret, bashing arm, opening cockpit, and a compartment with the Infinity Stone.
Benefits of Lego Sets
While there are many toys that are $50 and below, why should you pick a Lego set? Below are some of the compelling reasons why the toys for kids will be incomplete without a Lego:
- Develops Fine Motor Skills: The act of building using the Lego blocks is a good way to develop the fine motor skills of children. Playing with this toy requires little movements, which will be effective in improving dexterity and control.
- Encourages Creative Problem Solving: Depending on the Lego set that will be purchased, it can also help in improving creativity in solving problems as it entails the need to come up with a plan on how to connect the pieces.
- Teaches Patience: Not only for kids, but also for adults, a Lego set will be a great way to instill patience. It teaches us that in order to come up with something rewarding, such as a finished Lego assembly, you need to work hard and be patient.
- Enhances Communication and Teamwork: This is the case when the Lego set is built as a team. Kids will improve their sense of communication as they learn how to talk to finish this task while also being able to instill a sense of teamwork.
- Increases Spatial Awareness: This refers to the ability to think in special shapes and spaces, which will be important both for kids and adults, especially for those who aspire to be an architect or engineer one day.
Tips for Choosing a Lego Set
Before we end this post, allow us to give you some practical tips when choosing a Lego set that is $50 or below:
- Age Appropriateness: One of the first things that you should think about would be the age of the user. Most of the Lego sets mentioned in this post are for those who are at least four years old. Make sure that it won’t be too complicated for the age and ability of the user.
- Number of Pieces: Often, the more building blocks are included, the more difficult it will be to assemble. For basic shapes that allow kids to build almost anything, however, it will be good to go for a lot of pieces so that the little ones can be creative when it comes to what they can build.
- Theme: While there are Lego sets with generic blocks for building almost anything, there are also sets with special themes. Pick one based on the interests of the user. It can be Star Wars, Marvel, or a famous architectural landmark, among other things.
- Authenticity: It is important to be meticulous when buying Lego sets. Because of their popularity, they are often imitated, especially from manufacturers in China. Be sure to buy the real deal!
The best Lego sets do not have to cause an arm and a leg. As noted above, even at $50 or below, you can find the right toy! Keep an eye on the products mentioned, and for sure, you will not have regrets! They are affordable, but the quality is never compromised!