There are many ways by which it will be possible to keep your home and property safe. Among others, one of the most helpful will be the installation of the best outdoor security cameras, including those that we will briefly mention in the rest of this post.
The right security camera can provide you with peace of mind. It can help deter and detect criminal activity. It will also be a vital instrument for investigation. However, all of its benefits can be reaped only if you choose the right product, which is why we are here to help you.
From the shape to their configuration, from resolution to storage, the models available vary from one another in many ways. You should be patient enough to do your research to make a choice that you won’t end up regretting.
- Benefits of Outdoor Security Cameras
- Our Top Picks for the Best Outdoor Security Cameras
- Arlo Pro Wireless Home Security Camera System
- SMONET Wireless Security System
- Sequro GuardPro DIY Wireless Video Surveillance System
- EZVIZ Outdoor Security Camera
- LUOWICE Audio Wireless Security Camera System
- Cromorc All-in-One Monitor Wireless Security Camera System
- HiSeeU All-in-One Wireless Camera Security System
- YESKAMO Wireless Security Camera
- FOSCAM G4 Full HD Wi-Fi Security Camera
- REOLINK Argus Pro+ Solar-Powered Outdoor Security Camera
- Types of Outdoor Security Cameras
- Choosing the Best Outdoor Security Camera
Benefits of Outdoor Security Cameras
Some might consider these cameras as a luxury, when in fact, they are a necessity. If you are still not convinced that you need one, below are some of the things that might make you change your mind:
- To Scare Burglars: If thieves see that there are security cameras installed within the vicinity of the property, they might change their mind about breaking-in knowing that they can be seen and monitored.
- To Watch Over the Pool: You can install the monitor inside the house, such as in the kitchen and keep a watchful eye when kids are playing in the pool. This allows you to easily see if they are in any form of danger.
- To See Who is in the Front Door: When the doorbell rings, you can look at the monitor first and see who is waiting outside before having to open the door. In some cases, you can even talk to the person when the camera is equipped with two-way audio.
- To Facilitate Investigation: Let us say that a crime has been committed. The recordings from the cameras can be submitted to the authorities and can be used as evidence to trace the crime.
- To Increase Market Value: Are you planning to sell your house? Having security cameras can be a good thing and it can add to the perceived value of the property.
Our Top Picks for the Best Outdoor Security Cameras
Need help making the right decision? Our team did the research for you! Below are some of the products that should be on your radar.
Arlo Pro Wireless Home Security Camera System
Even CNET agrees that this is one of the best cameras if you are looking for a way to improve outdoor security. It has a tiny camera that you can install even outdoors since it is weather-resistant. It also works with Alexa, so this will definitely be a good product if you are thinking of having a smart and connected home. There is a built-in-audio, so you can also use it to talk. The batteries are rechargeable, although, some users may not be happy over the fact that there is a need to recharge the batteries frequently.
SMONET Wireless Security System
You do not need to enlist the help of a technician to complete the installation of this system. It is wireless, so it is pretty much straightforward to install. There is plug-and-play functionality, making it almost ready to be used right out of the box. The cameras have IP 66 weather-proofing for protection from external elements. It also shoots at an excellent resolution, which is at 1280 x 960P. You will also love the night-vision capability for clear videos even in low-light conditions. It includes four cameras and has eight channels. However, take note that with the 2.4 GHz, there is an approximate delay of three seconds.
Sequro GuardPro DIY Wireless Video Surveillance System
If you want to have a connected home, this bundle will be a great choice. It provides smartphone access, which will make it possible to monitor the property even without being there. It also has a convenient seven-inch touchscreen monitor that you can install inside the house. As for the cameras, there are two of them in this set, both of which have night vision capability. There is also a built-in sensor, which is capable of automatically detecting movement within a specified range. Lastly, there is a MicroSD slot for storing high-quality video and audio.
EZVIZ Outdoor Security Camera
This is a multifunctional camera that can prove to be an excellent addition to your home security system. It also has a siren alarm and strobe light function, allowing it to be instrumental in securing your property. Plus, there is also a night vision at a range of up to 98 feet, making it easy to see the recording even at night. Meanwhile, with the IP66 rating, it can resist dust and water, making it a great choice even for outdoor installation. Lastly, you can store and access the recordings via the cloud and have peace of mind since the company utilizes state-of-the-art security.
LUOWICE Audio Wireless Security Camera System
The set is inclusive of four cameras and one 11-inch monitor with a memory of 1TB, allowing it to store more recordings. It offers plug-and-play functionality, so there is no need to worry about complications associated with the assembly of the system. While there is a monitor that is included, it also supports remote viewing through your computer and smartphone. You can use your smartphone, tablet, or computers. You can also set up email alert function. Lastly, the product comes with a one-year warranty, which is quite short but is the standard coverage within the product category.
Cromorc All-in-One Monitor Wireless Security Camera System
The package is inclusive of four weatherproof cameras that you can safely install outdoors. Indoor, there is a 10.1-inch monitor, which is one of the biggest of the products that are listed in this guide. It has a high-definition display and it is easy to see regardless if it is day or night. It also allows remote access, making it possible to monitor your property even when you are out of the house. You also do not have to worry about security as you can have the assurance that the recordings will not be accessed by anyone who is unauthorized to do so.
HiSeeU All-in-One Wireless Camera Security System
Despite being made by a brand that a lot of people do not recognize, this is one product that can deliver exceptional performance as shared by many of its users. It also comes with a 10.1-inch monitor, which is the same size as the product that has been mentioned above. More so, there are four cameras with IP66 weather-proof rating, which is pretty much the standard within the product category. With the 1TB memory, it is capable of providing 24-hour recording for up to 24 days
YESKAMO Wireless Security Camera
With the Passive Infrared Sensor that is built-in in this camera, it has the accurate ability to detect motion from both humans and animals. You can receive notification in real-time on your mobile phone, making it easy to be informed when there is an incoming perceived threat. The best thing is that the camera has high-definition shooting capability, which will allow clarity that is hard to rival. There is also a flood light and siren alarm, which are added features that can help provide you with peace of mind when it comes to home security.
FOSCAM G4 Full HD Wi-Fi Security Camera
This camera has ultra-HD shooting capability, making it another reliable option if you are looking for the best home security systems. It can detect motion but only from humans, unlike others that can detect even animal movements. There is night vision capability for up to 66 feet. You’ll also love how there are multiple options for storage of the recordings. You can store it via the cloud or micro SD. Plus, you can take advantage of their US-based tech support if you need a helping hand in any issue you are encountering.
REOLINK Argus Pro+ Solar-Powered Outdoor Security Camera
One thing that differentiates this from all the products mentioned above is the fact that is solar-powered, making it an option that is excellent in terms of energy efficiency. It is also a good thing that it has a wireless connection, which will also simplify the process of its installation. A lot of its users also loved how it comes with a 130-degree viewing angle, which will allow it to shoot at a wider angle.
Types of Outdoor Security Cameras
Before anything else, the first thing that you have to do is to determine the type that will work best for your needs. With this, the following are some of the options that you will have:
- Bullet Camera: The name is in reference to the streamlined shape of the camera, which is usually mounted in a wall or ceiling. It is usually pointed in a single direction, which might limit its functionality. Intruders can easily pinpoint the direction where it can record, so it is pretty much easy to avoid it.
- Dome Camera: It comes with a glass dome that is inverted and the camera is housed inside. It is more discreet compared to a bullet camera. The viewing angle is also generally wider. It can also be visible to intruders.
- Wired Camera: As the name implies, it is powered through the wires that connect the camera to a monitor or source of power. They are often complicated in terms of installation and will require assistance from a technician.
- Wireless Camera: If you want a camera with plug-and-play functionality, this will be a great choice. It can be easily installed even on your own. Nonetheless, pay attention to the maximum range.
Their types can vary depending on the shape or how they will be configured. Nonetheless, regardless of the type, they basically do the same thing – to have watchful eyes even when you are not around, which is important for your peace of mind.
Choosing the Best Outdoor Security Camera
Below are some of the most important factors that you have to take into consideration.
- Weather-Resistance: Because it is meant to be installed outdoors, one of the most important is to make sure that it is dust and water-resistant. Otherwise, it won’t be able to withstand the external factors that can speed up its wear.
- Storage: Most of the products that have been mentioned above have an SD card slot that can keep files that are up to 1TB. There are also some, especially the premium models, with cloud storage.
- Night Vision: If the outdoor security camera does not come with this feature, one of the major problems is that it won’t be useful at night. Most cameras utilize infrared or other advanced technology to be able to see even in the dark.
- Monitor: Some cameras can be monitored remotely using mobile phones or computers. Others have an accompanying monitor of varying sizes. They are installed inside the house and will provide a clear view of what the camera is recording.
- Resolution: The camera will be basically useless if the image recording has poor quality. That said, you will benefit from one that comes with Ultra-HD recording capability. However, you will need a strong connection to be able to live stream the content since it is quite resource-intensive.
- Motion-Detection: Most of the high-end outdoor cameras are equipped with this feature. It can send an immediate notification when it is able to detect movement from humans or even from animals. Usually, this is a notification in the form of an email alert.
- Audio: This is an add-on feature that you might also find to be handy. With two-way audio communication, it can work as an intercom, making it possible to listen and talk to the person outside.
With top-rated security cameras, you can utilize technology to improve security, whether it is for home or business, among others. However, do not make the mistake of choosing just any product or deciding on the basis of price alone. Keep an eye on our recommendations above.