Whether for kids or adults, a remote-controlled car is always fun to play with! Being in control of its movements gives a different kind of thrill! It is a great toy for those who are into speed racing or off-road driving.
The market is filled with options for RC cars, making it difficult to decide which one to buy. If you need help, keep on reading the rest of this post as we list down the top options for the best remote cars under $300, as well as the features that make them exceptional.
Our Top Picks for the Best Remote Cars under $300
As you start your online search to scour for the best, it won’t take long before you become overwhelmed with the brands and models available. Our team spent hours of research to bring you some of the products that are not to be missed!
Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car
With a scale of 1:10, this is one of the favorites on the market for remote cars. The car comes with a polycarbonate body, which has been tried and tested to withstand the test of time, even with frequent use. It has a shaft-driven four-wheel drive motor, which offers the benefit of maintaining control as it drifts. The plastic chassis is also great because of its minimal weight. More so, if you are after versatility, you will also love this car as the suspension is independently adjustable, allowing you to have it customized based on individual preferences. Lastly, it is powered by an innovative battery that takes quite a while before being drained.
Redcat Racing Everest-10 Electric Rock Crawler
Another entry from Redcat, this is well-loved by many because of the electric brushed motor, which is exactly the reason why you can expect it to be powerful on the ground. It also has waterproof electronics, so there is no need to worry about using it even when it is raining. The rock-crawling tires allow it to deliver tough performance in off-road conditions, adding thrill to its use. Meanwhile, it is equipped with a 2000mAh battery, which is one of the most powerful that you can find from the products mentioned in this short guide.
Traxxas 58034-1-Mark Short Course Racing Truck
One of the best things about this RC car is its durability, which can be attributed to the presence of well-made components. For instance, it comes with a waterproof receiver box. The company is the first one to introduce waterproof electronics in the market for remote cars. There is also a precision hobby-grade remote with a frequency of 2.4 GHz. It has an ergonomic design, so users will not have to complain of discomfort, even if it is used the entire day. The car is powered by a Power Cell NiMH battery, which also comes with a fast charger. Other award-winning features that you can find in this product include steel-composite planetary gear differential, oil-filled ultra- shocks, torque-control slipper clutch, Titan 12-turn 550 modified motor, and XL-5 electronic speed control.
Traxxas 1/10 Scale Rustler RTR Stadium Truck
This is from the same manufacturer as the product mentioned above, so you can expect the same high-level performance. It can run at a maximum speed of up to 35 mph, making it perfect for those who are seeking a thrill. It is powered by a 7-cell NiMH battery with ID technology, which allows it to hold a charge for a longer time. To add, it does not take a long time before the battery can be fully charged. The internal antenna has also been praised by many, which is durable, unlike others that are easily prone to damage.
Tamiya 58346 The Grasshopper RC Car
Tamiya has made a name for itself as one of the best manufacturers of remote cars and this specific model is one of their best offerings yet. The 380-type motor is one of its best features, which is also where the car draws its power. The 2WD chassis might be simpler than most of the models within the same price range, but it does not fail to deliver an impressive performance on the track. Other features that make it excellent include independent swing axle front suspension, sealed rear gearbox, and friction dampers.
Tamiya 1/10 Off-road Buggy DT03 Kit
This is another remote car that is manufactured by Tamiya, so there is no need to be worried about its quality. The chassis makes it a true fighter and winner, as the manufacturer claims. The stylish body is sure to turn heads. Nonetheless, there is more to this car than its appearance. The technical specs are equally amazing. It has front arms positioned at a 25-degree angle, which will make it great for off-road driving. The sealed gearbox with a dust cover is also a plus, making it possible to protect the internal components from wear and tear.
Hosim 1:10 Remote-Control Hobby-Grade Cross-Country Car
If you are looking for a remote car that can be a beast, this is one of the options to include on your list. One of the best features of this product is the dual motor, which will allow it to deliver a powerful performance that will be hard to match. It has an all-terrain ABS shell material, which makes it tough. It also has all-metal sealed ball bearing, which is beneficial in terms of making it more flexible. Meanwhile, with the 2.4 GHz frequency, it makes it easy to control its movement at a distance without worrying about interference.
Distianert WJL00039 4WD Stunt Car
This remote car is specifically designed with the needs of kids in mind. It comes with user-friendly features, so there is no technical knowledge required to play with it. It can flip up to 180 degrees and turn at 360 degrees. It has thick wheels that will make it run even on rough surfaces. The ABS body, on the other hand, is known for durability without sacrificing the weight of the car. It is powered by a 400mah rechargeable battery, which will take quite a while before being drained. When the battery is fully charged, the car can run continuously for up to 20 minutes.
Joyjam PQC02 Remote Car
Like the product that has been mentioned above, this is also designed for kids, especially for those who are five to seven years old. There are two motion modes, making it exciting to play with. Kids will also be happy with its 360-degree stunt rotation. Plus, it has forward and reverse functions. The main material, on the other hand, is crash-resistant ABS plastic. There is also no need to worry about safety as it is made using non-toxic materials. There is a built-in battery, which can be recharged using a USB. The remote, on the other hand, is powered by 3 AAA batteries, although such should be purchased separately.
Simrex A130 RC Car
From the construction to the technical features of this car, it is easy to understand why this is another favorite within the product category. It has a suspension system and equipped with 4-wheel shock absorbers. The control distance of the 2.4 GHz remote, meanwhile, is at a maximum of 50 meters, which is longer compared to the capacity of most of the competing models within the same price range. Lastly, the car has a maximum speed of 20 km/h, which is pretty much decent for its price.
Exceed RC MaxStone 4WD Rock Crawler
With a scale of 1/8, this is another realistic RC car that should make it on your list. It has monster wheels, making it a great choice for those who want their remote cars to be tough. It has full-ball bearing throughout the car, making it run smoothly even on rough grounds. With the four-wheel driving mechanism, on the other hand, the wheels will have a strong grip on the surface. There is also an advanced pattern on the tire that gives it more gripping power. Other exceptional features include multi-link crawler suspension, solid axle mount, and dual high-torque 540 motors.
GP Toys Remote Control Car
Go beyond the usual remote car with this pickup truck. It has a durable body that is capable of handling high speed and rough surfaces. One of its best features is the independent suspension system, which allows superior control and handling. It also makes it more flexible and capable of handling shock, guaranteeing its longevity. Meanwhile, with the 2.4GHz remote, which is a standard within the product category, the maximum distance is 60 meters. Lastly, it is equipped with high-friction and skid-resistance tires.
Benefits of Owning a Remote Car
Need reasons to be convinced to buy an RC car? Below are some of its benefits that can easily compel you to purchase one:
- Develops Motor Skills: This is one benefit that holds true for kids. Playing with remote cars is a fun way to harness their motor skills. It also promotes hand and eye coordination.
- Develops Social Skills: For both kids and adults, playing with remote cars can be a great social activity. It can also be a good bonding time for parents and kids.
- Introduces Responsibility: It is also a great way to teach kids to be responsible at a young age. It teaches them the value of intelligent and responsible driving.
- Enhances Spatial Awareness: Another benefit of remote cars is that it teaches kids to be aware of one’s space, which is vital for their overall physical development.
- Stress Relief: This is a benefit for adults who are looking for a break from the daily grind. Playing with remote cars can induce relaxation.
How to Choose the Best Remote Cars under $300
Even with the multitude of options that are available, this does not mean that you can buy just any product. To end up with a decision that you won’t regret, below are some of the most important things to take into consideration.
- Type of RC Car: You will be spoiled for choices. Aside from those that exist in the form of cars, you can also choose trucks, pickups, and crawlers, among others.
- Scale: This will be indicative of the size of the car. There are three common sizes that are available – 1/18, 1/8, and 1/10. The last two are the most common choices at the price range that is below $300.
- Speed: It is important to consider speed because it will directly impact the performance of the remote car that you will choose. In the case of most cars, the average speed ranges from 10 to 70 mph.
- Battery Life: It is frustrating if the car will suddenly stop because there is no more battery. Choose a battery that will allow the car to run at an extended period. In the same way, the battery must also be quick to fully charge.
- Wheels: This is one of the most important parts of the car. It should be made of durable materials and must be designed in such a way that it will have a strong grip on the surface.
- Body: In the case of most of the models mentioned above, the body is made of ABS plastic, which is lightweight but durable.
- Motor: Make sure that the remote car is powered by a reliable and powerful motor that can withstand even the toughest surfaces. The motor should also be protected from external elements that could speed up its wear.
- Functionalities: Most of the RC cars within the $300 price range do not just have forward and reverse functions, but they can also rotate and climb at a certain angle, depending on the model that will be chosen.
Not all remote cars are created equal! If you want the best bang for the buck, keep an eye on the products that we have listed above for the best remote cars under $300. They have been tried and tested, providing buyers an assurance that the quality and performance will be hard to rival.