One day, I walked into a thrift shop. I saw a water bottle for kids being sold at a dollar! With such a price, it was a steal! A deal I could not resist! I bought it right there and then. After a few days, the lid started to loosen. I also noticed that water has a foul and plastic-like smell, which I later found out to be toxic. I started asking around, and this is where I learned that I should never skimp when it comes to water bottles for the little ones.
The water bottle that you will buy should be seen as an investment. Even if the price is high but the quality is superior, there should be no second thoughts.
Unsure of which water bottle will make a perfect choice? Read on and we’ll share with you some of the most exceptional products that should be part of your list!
- Why Should You Buy Water Bottle for Kids?
- What are the Materials used for Water Bottles for Kids?
- What are the Factors to Consider When Buying
- Our Top Picks for Top-Rated Water Bottles for Kids
- CamelBak Eddy Kids Water Bottle
- Nalgene Tritan Grip-n-Gulp Water Bottle
- Thermos Funtainer Water Bottle
- Contigo Kids Gizmo Water Bottle
- Young & More Mini Kids Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Snug Flask Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle
- ZULU Torque Kids Water Bottle
- Go Bottles Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Gululu Interactive Water Bottle
- Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Why Should You Buy Water Bottle for Kids?
To keep them hydrated – this is perhaps the most important reason for buying a water bottle that the little ones can use. When they have water next to them all the time, they won’t forget to take a sip. This will prevent dehydration, especially during a hot day. When there is no water in their bag, they tend to ignore the importance of being hydrated.
Another good reason to have a water bottle is that it is eco-friendly. Some parents might think of giving children water in disposable bottles. Yes, it can prove to be convenient. However, the plastic bottles are not good for the environment. By having refillable water bottles, on the other hand, you are also teaching the kids to do something good for the environment even at a young age.
What are the Materials used for Water Bottles for Kids?
As you try to evaluate the options that are available, one thing that needs your attention is the material used, which will commonly include the following:
- Plastic: This is a common material of choice because it is cheap or lightweight. However, let me emphasize that you should choose BPA-free plastic. The material should be food-grade and should not contain toxic chemicals that could possibly contaminate water and be ingested by kids.
- Glass: Although expensive, this is a good choice if you want the water to taste pure. The problem with glass is that it can be easily prone to breakage, which is why it is not as popular as plastic when it comes to kids.
- Stainless Steel: It is a non-reactive material and also generally food-safe, as long as the right kind of stainless steel is used. It is also durable. However, it can be easily prone to dents and can feel hot on the outside.
- Aluminum: This is a material that can react with some liquids, which is why it is frequently lined with resin and enamel, among others. They are cheaper and lighter compared to the ones that are made of stainless steel.
What are the Factors to Consider When Buying
Aside from the main material that is used in the water bottle, here are the other important things that should be taken into consideration:
- Insulation: This is important to keep the drink hot or cold, depending on the way it should be. Most of the top options you can find on the market have double-walled insulation to make it possible to retain the right temperature.
- Weight: Lightweight is always the best, which is why BPA-free plastic is the material that many parents prefer. If it is too heavy, especially once it is filled with water, kids might feel too lazy to bring it along.
- Straw: A good water bottle is one that comes with a push mechanism to reveal the straw. The straw should also be designed in such a manner that sipping liquid from the inside will be easy.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Choose a product that does not require too much effort to maintain. Dishwasher-safe options are good.
- Spill-proof: You should look for one that comes with a spill-proof construction. Regardless of the movements of the kids, the water should not flow from the lid.
- Carrying Options: It will also be good if there is a loop that makes it easy to carry or will give the option to attach a carabiner.
- Design: Because the water bottle is meant to be used by kids, choose a design that they will love. Vibrant color and fun designs will be well-loved by the little ones.
Our Top Picks for Top-Rated Water Bottles for Kids
Below is a rundown of some of the top brands and models worth considering, as well as some of the features that make them amongst the most impressive products you can find on the market.
CamelBak Eddy Kids Water Bottle
Similar to most of the products that will be mentioned in the rest of this post, it has a capacity of 12 ounces. Even for small fingers, holding the bottle will be easy.
The most noteworthy feature of this product is the CamelBak Big Bite Valve, which is a patented innovation. It has a one-piece component that consists of a shut-off valve and a stem tube, which makes it easy to drink on the straw.
The Tritan material used in the product is also exceptional. It is not only BPA-free, but it also has taste-resistant and stain-free construction.
Lastly, there is a loop handle on the side of the lid, which can be easily carried on the finger or with the use of a carabiner.
Nalgene Tritan Grip-n-Gulp Water Bottle
With a 12-ounce capacity, this water bottle is made of premium-quality plastic that is also BPA-free, which is why safety is never a thing that you have to worry about. The material used in this product is also known for its durability. It is impact-resistant.
The spill-proof construction is also a plus. Even if it turns upside down in the bag, you can be sure that liquid will not end up spilling.
When cleaning the water bottle, not a lot of effort is required on your end as it is also dishwasher-safe.
Thermos Funtainer Water Bottle
A fun water container that is designed for the little ones – this is what you can expect from this product. It is made by a globally-trusted brand, which is already a good reason to have it chosen over others.
The vacuum insulation technology of this water bottle is indeed one of its notable features. There are two walls. In between each wall, there is an airless space. This helps in the elimination of the process of convection and limits the possibility of temperature changes. Hence, it retains the hotness or coldness of the drink that is inside.
Other features of this product include BPA-free construction, push-button mechanism to release the straw, and having a convenient loop that makes it easy to carry around.
Contigo Kids Gizmo Water Bottle
This is a 14-ounce water bottle with kid-friendly colors and design. One of its best features is the Autosprout. The sprout has a spill-proof straw. There is no need to worry about spilling the water even when the sprout is open. The sprout makes sure that the drink will be free of germs and dirt.
The angled straw is another nice feature of this water bottle. This allows the kids to sip even the last drop that remains in the bottle.
It is also easy to clean since it is dishwasher-safe. However, as the manufacturer recommends, it would be best to keep it on the top rack only.
Young & More Mini Kids Stainless Steel Water Bottle
The double wall vacuum insulation is one of the best features of this water bottle for kids. It uses 18/8 stainless steel as the main material, which is reflective of durability. It comes with a turquoise finish, giving it a good design.
This water bottle is BPA-free, which means that it won’t be toxic for kids.
To make it kid-friendly, it is not only lightweight, but it also has a removable carrying handle. It has a capacity of 12 ounces, which will be portable enough for children.
Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Within such period, you can return the product to the manufacturer if you are unhappy and you will receive an unconditional refund or free replacement.
Snug Flask Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle
Whether you want your kid’s drink to stay hot or cold throughout the day, this 12-ounce water bottle can offer the perfect solution. It has just the right size, which will fit perfectly in their small hand.
The high-quality stainless steel used in this product is also worth pointing out. It can resist rust. With regular use, it is not also prone to breakage and bending. To make the most out of it, see to it that it is hand-washed only as it is not dishwasher-safe.
It has a push-button mechanism. Just push the button on the lid and the straw will automatically pop out.
ZULU Torque Kids Water Bottle
The toughness of this 12-ounce water bottle is one of its biggest strengths. It comes with a silicone sleeve, which offers superior protection from impact. You can also have peace of mind that it will be free of crack or leach.
It comes with a locking lid, providing an assurance that the liquid will not spill. Since kids move a lot, this is one thing that can prove to be helpful. The lid also has a one-touch mechanism to reveal the straw.
As a kid-friendly product, it is also PVC, phthalate, and BPA-free. There are no toxic chemicals that can get in contact with the water.
Go Bottles Stainless Steel Water Bottle
The strength of this water bottle is one of the reasons why we decided to have it included on our list. It is made of 304-grade stainless steel, which is the same material that is used in the construction of a space shuttle.
Personally, I also love how it comes with a non-slip grip. This means that regardless of how slippery or sweaty the hand is, the water bottle remains on the grip.
It is important to note, however, that this is only meant for cold drinks and not for hot beverages. With ice, you can expect that the drink in the bottle will remain cold for up to 24 hours.
Gululu Interactive Water Bottle
If the price is not an issue and if you want an advanced water bottle that kids will also find entertaining, this is one option that should be on the top of your list!
By connecting the water bottle to a compatible mobile app, it can offer a world of possibilities. You can set up the goal of how much water to drink and kids can easily monitor how much more they need to consume. There are also fun games that they can play.
It has a double-layer casing, which makes it durable. It is kid-safe and kid-proof, so there is nothing that you should worry about.
Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Made of 18/8 stainless steel, the durability of this product cannot be questioned. Plus, it is made by a brand with a global reputation, so you can be confident about its quality. The lid, on the other hand, is food-grade silicone. There is also a dust cover to keep dirt out of the water.
The 1.75-inch opening, which is large compared to many others, is also exceptional because it makes it easy to drink water and to fill it with ice when the drink needs to stay cold.
Lastly, it has a Strong as Steel guarantee. You can be confident about the durability and overall quality of this water bottle.
Given the options for the water bottles that are designed with the needs of kids in mind, I hope that it is now easier for you to make a well-informed choice. Do not make the mistake of deciding based on price alone!